Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

License model

Hi

We want to buy only limited user licenses who will write/contribute to confluence.

The remaining users will only use it to consume the data (read-only).

I am aware that anonymous access for read-only should work, for which we dont need to buy license. However I dont want the entire world to be able to read the public spaces/pages.

Can someone please advice if this is achievable?

Many thanks

Siddharth

2 answers

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz Community Leader Jun 23, 2021

Hi @sidddharth joshi 

Welcome to community.

In cloud, you can configure IP allowlisting. In server, you can install behind the firewall.

Please check this link.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 27, 2021

Hi @sidddharth joshi

while we do not have many details about your environment probably the new feature for External Collaboration in Confluence Cloud could be worth having a look at:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Introducing-External-Collaboration-for-Confluence/ba-p/1731502

As this feature is brand-new I am unsure about the licensing details but it could be a good idea to ask for the specifics in the thread linked above.

Also I am not sure if you are using a Cloud product - the presented feature is, as far as I know, one for Confluence Cloud.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

374 views 15 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you