Latency when clicking on "Edit" (user specific)

Volker Weinreich August 19, 2022

Hi,

Recently, when I click on "Edit", the page in edit mode takes about 30 seconds to load. The problem only occurs with me, not with other users. It also doesn't matter which browser I choose.
I had the problem before and was able to solve it then by deleting many (automatically saved) drafts. This time it did not work.
Does anyone have any ideas what else could be done here?
(Confluence Server 6.13.8.)
Thanks!

Volker

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Volker Weinreich

I am wondering if there is some sort of caching playing a trick - meaning if a clean restart of the whole instance could work? Saying you deleted many drafts they should be "away" already from a certain point of view but perhaps they are still "reserving" some memory?

Regards,
Daniel

Volker Weinreich August 26, 2022

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

yes, we had done a restart as well. But that did not help. But now - a few days after the restart - the problem has disappeared by itself. Cause unknown... Okay I have deleted over 1300 drafts (only my own) by REST. Maybe you are right and it took some time for the database to "catch on".

That's good, of course. Still, I wonder why when you open any page to edit, you always get a message that you still have a draft ... somewhere else. (That was the reason for the waiting time.) Why? Does this reminder help me in any way? Is it possible to turn this message off? (BTW: Collaborative editing is off because we only use our instance for documentation purposes).

Regards,

Volker

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Volker Weinreich ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

You can enable page request profiling and check which action is taking lot of time. Below page has the steps to enable the same. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Volker Weinreich August 19, 2022

Hi @Srinatha T ,

okay, thank you for your reply.

I have run this and came to the conclusion that this is the "culprit":

... [33500ms] - DraftManager.findDraft() ...

(So about 30 seconds busy looking for drafts)

So something is wrong with the handling of drafts. I also get a message all the time when editing that it can't save drafts. Collaborative Editing is off.

Would you have any idea how I could fix this?

Thanks,

Volker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events