LDAP setup and add new users

Jeff Foege February 1, 2018

I'm a first time admin to Confluence and I'm in the process of setting up a new instance. I would like to add users to Confluence manually and then have their password authenticated with LDAP. I setup "Internal with LDAP Authentication" user directory and tested the connection, which was successful. However when I go to add a user the password fields are required. I shouldn't be adding a user's password if it get authenticated by LDAP. What do I have wrong? I know on the JIRA site that I didn't setup this is not the case. I just add the user id, name & email, so there must be a setting I'm missing. 

Thanks for any help!

~jeff

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff Foege February 2, 2018

I can't seem to figure out what an added user can't login. The user details say its user directory is the "Internal with LDAP authentication" I tried the network password and the password that I was required to put in when creating a user. I enabled user logging but don't seem to find anything in the logs to give me a clue as to what is failing. I've tried multiple settings that I've used in other applications for LDAP authentication but none seem to work.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events