Knowledge base sub-category

Luis Rodriguez January 23, 2019

Hi All!

We were able to organise our knowledge base through categories but is there a way to add sub-categories? This is so we can have separate but linked categories that might be related to the main category.

Let me know if it's possible to do this. Cheers!

3 answers

0 votes
Jeret Shuck February 24, 2021

Also would love to see something like this. Better yet, IMO it should use the same structure as the linked confluence pages.

There's also a limit of 20 categories which is going to be pretty limiting on building out a full knowledgebase.

0 votes
Yael Kacen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2019

I have the same question. is there an answer?

Yael

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

Hello there Luis! Great to have you here in Community.

Could you clarify a few points for us:

1. Are you on Confluence Cloud or Server?
  2. What are the categories you mentioned? Are they pages, spaces?
  3. What do you mean by linked to the main category?
  4. Are you able to share some screenshots of the structure that you are referring to?

Just a note:

Make sure that no sensitive information is displayed within those screenshots. The Community is a place where everyone can see the information posted.

Luis Rodriguez February 4, 2019

Hi Diego!

Thank you very much for your response. Ill send you a photoshopped image I made to show you what I mean. Do you think this is possible to make in Jira Service Desk? Thanks so much for your help.

Screen1.png

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hey @Luis Rodriguez thanks for replying. I did not get a notification for your reply, hence the delayed response time.

This type of sub-category is not implemented in Jira Service Desk. With this in mind, I created this Feature Suggestion:

JSDCLOUD-8208 | Ability to create subcategories in Jira Service Desk Knowledge base categories

Let us know your thoughts on this Luis!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events