Keyboard shortcuts for Confluence headings don't work in Safari for Mac

Not able to use keyboard shortcuts to format headings in Safari for Mac.

Examples:

• Cmd+1 should format the text to Heading 1
  • Cmd+2 should format the text as Heading 2

These keyboard combinations don't work in Safari for Mac—although they do work in Chrome for Mac and Firefox for Mac.

(Note: I've checked my system keyboard shortcuts, and these specific shortcuts are not being used for any other applications, which I thought might be causing a conflict.)

FYI: We're running Confluence v4.1 on production (where this is happening). We also run a dev instance of Confluence v5.2.3, where this issue is also presenting.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Or know what could cause this to happen?

Thanks for any insights, thoughts, good mojo sent this way.

John

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The command-1,2,3 etc shortcuts in Mavericks Safari map to items in the Bookmarks > Favorites Bar. If your Favorites Bar is empty, the shortcuts will be non-actions. I'm not sure how to unset Safari's use of the shortcuts.

Hi all,

I'm able to change headings in macOS Sierra (10.12.2) using Safari (10.0.2) with the keyboard shortcut cmd+ctrl+# where # is the number of the heading.

YMMV. I'm not sure how I enabled this and the shortcut doesn't work on a different user account of the same machine. Anyone have any ideas?

This should be the accepted answer.

I concur, this should be marked as the accepted answer.

Is remaining shortcuts working in your safari browser?

Please check the "General Shortcuts" are enabled or not. Follow this steps: Browser --> 'Browse' menu --> Keyboard Shortcuts --> General --> Enable General Shortcuts mark as required.

hi, Rambabu -

Yep, General Shortcuts are enabled in Confluence.

And other keyboard shortcuts work in Safari/Mac. E.g., bullet (Cmd+Shift+B), numbered list (Cmd+Shift+N), bold, italic, underline.

John

Hi John.

The same problem has been cretaed in atlassian see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24804

Vote for the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Rambabu

Thanks, Rambabu. I don't think this is the same issue I'm experiencing, though.

I'm using Safari v7 on Mavericks. As far as I can tell, the cmd+1 keyboard shortcut has been deprecated. (I can't find mention of it.)

Thanks, Rambabu. I don't think this is the same issue I'm experiencing, though.

I'm using Safari v7 on Mavericks. As far as I can tell, the cmd+1 keyboard shortcut has been deprecated. (I can't find mention of it.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

293 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you