Javascripts don't run in Confluence HTML-include macro

Gabrielle Gagnon September 10, 2013

We tried inserting Visio-generated HTML diagrams into Confluence 5.0 pages, using the HTML-include macro. The pages include Javascripts that link to and display the diagrams and supply pan and zoom functions, but the Javascripts never run.

I did the same thing at another site on Confluence 2.11, so I know the macro can run them, but it doesn't work here. Our admin said he tried a few things, but no Javascript runs on any HTML pages he includes, not just my Visio-generated code. He's enabled HTML and white-listed the URLS. Is there another setting he is missing?

5 answers

0 votes
Gabrielle Gagnon September 11, 2013

That's right. We enter a white-listed URL.

Going to the page directly in a browser runs the scripts so that a diagram is displayed on a page consisting of 2 frames. The diagram is displayed on the right side and the pan-and-zoom panel with some other functions is displayed on the left. It's the standard way Visio generates HTML diagrams.

I've attached the raw HTML file as generated by Visio. (It's too long to put in this comment.) We edit this so that all the addresses are absolute since Confluence requires that.

(I don't see the uploaded file here, but basically, it's almost all script functions. ) All that gets rendered on the page when the scripts don't run is a heading and a link to the diagram:

<body>

<h1>CMEfunctionalOverview_VML</h1>
<ul>
<li><a href="CMEfunctionalOverview_files/jpg_1.htm">Page-1</a></li>

</ul>

</body>

0 votes
Gabrielle Gagnon September 11, 2013

That's right. We enter a white-listed URL.

Going to the page directly in a browser runs the scripts so that a diagram is displayed on a page consisting of 2 frames. The diagram is displayed on the right side and the pan-and-zoom panel with some other functions is displayed on the left. It's the standard way Visio generates HTML diagrams.

I've attached the raw HTML file as generated by Visio. (It's too long to put in this comment.) We edit this so that all the addresses are absolute since Confluence requires that.

(I don't see the uploaded file here, but basically, it's almost all script functions. ) All that gets rendered on the page when the scripts don't run is a heading and a link to the diagram:

<body>

<h1>CMEfunctionalOverview_VML</h1>
<ul>
<li><a href="CMEfunctionalOverview_files/jpg_1.htm">Page-1</a></li>

</ul>

</body>

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

What is the content of the HTML macro?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

So, just to clarify your are putting in a URL to another web page in the HTML-include macro and that page has the functionality to display the visio diagram? What happens when you go to that url directly?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

What is the content of the HTML macro?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events