JSD doesn't recognize text in a word or excel document

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2017

I've had all kinds of problems with the JIRA Service Desk not being able to pull information back from the Confluence Knowledge Base. The interesting thing is that all of the information needed is in the Knowledge Base already.

1. I have documentation for 150 users that is similar in content but has a unique title per page and JSD pulls back any of the pages in random order, it doesn't even matter if I input the exact title
  2. I have documentation that is on word and excel documents, if JSD can display this information it should be able to search by it. So now I am stuck with 900+ microsoft documents that are displayed via macros but they cannot be search in the JSD.

Those are my most common two issues, I don't wanna go on a rant.

1 answer

0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

A lot of improvement have been done on the latest releases of JSM. Do you still have the same issue? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events