JIRA Atlassian Crowd directory made confluence new user forced to login JIRA

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

JIRA Atlassian Crowd directory made confluence new user forced to login JIRA at first time. How do we skip this?

I have setup confluence user directory sync from JIRA users but this process force confluence users to login to jira first to assign the default groups. Only they were able to access the confluence space/page.

How do we setup the process to allow the new user login and access confluence without forcing them to login jira at very first time

1 answer

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

If the users password is set, and the user directory sync has run, then users should not have to log into JIRA first.

-Lars

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

Hi Lars,

Can you make it more clear. I am not sure what is your recommendation.

Current Setup: Jira sync users from LDAP and confluence uses the JIRA as directory to pull the user and group

Issue: When new users login into confluenc at very first time, they getting "Not permitted" error due to lack of default group. 

I have to skip this process to login to JIRA first to get the default acess for confluence-users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events