Issue with confluence base url and display url

System Admin February 8, 2019

I am doing a test upgrade using KVM/QEMU using LVM snapshots of the production environment. I have the server base url set to localhost:8090 but the display url is auto filled and grayed out. In the server.conf file it has ../confluence. If I change this to just / it seems to break confluence. Also on the upgraded version of confluence the page localhost:8090/confluence does not exist and returns a page not found. How to I change the display url to localhost:8090?

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out to the Community Robert.

Does your server.xml file has a section that looks like this:

<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
                    <!-- Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
                    <Manager pathname=""/>
                    <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
                </Context>

If the part that you are changing from ../confluence to / is the docBase, you should not. The variable under path is what is used to define a context path for your instance:

How to change the Confluence context path

Further, could you clarify a few points:

1. Are you able to access Confluence by using the Base URL that is set?
  2. What is and Where is defined the display URL?
  3. Are you able to access Confluence when using localhost:8090 while in the server itself?

If you need, you could refer to this article on how to set the Base URL:

Configuring the Server Base URL

However, if the greyed out URL is indeed your site base URL, you can check here:

Confluence Server Base URL is greyed out and cannot be edited

For you to be able to edit the Base URL, your user needs the status of System Administrator:

Confluence Admin Permission Levels Explained

Let us know what you think Robert!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events