• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there a way to automatically apply a particular theme or page layout (using BrikIt's Theme Press plugin) to certain page types *without* exposing all the macro/template code in the content editor the user sees?

Is there a way to automatically apply a particular theme or page layout (using BrikIt's Theme Press plugin) to certain page types *without* exposing all the macro/template code in the content editor the user sees?

Stacia Parfionov June 19, 2014

I'm currently using Brikit’s Theme Press plugin to create a custom look-and-feel for our company’s Intranet. We’ve created custom layouts for different Spaces, but are having difficulty automatically applying them to then creation of certain page types (News Articles, etc.).

We’ve tried to accomplish this by exporting XML generated by Tools > View Storage Format and building a Blueprint around it.

Unfortunately, when a new page is created based on the blueprint, we run into two problems:

1) The entirety of the macro and layout code is exposed in the content editor.

2) We can’t seem to make certain sections editable and others not editable.

Is there a way to set it up so that new content of a certain type where the theme/layout is automatically applied and the end-user only edits the desired content area?

2 answers

0 votes
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Thanks, Stacia. Kelli will help you.

0 votes
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi Stacia,

I'm having a little trouble following everything you listed, so bear with me if I ask some irrelevant questions. :) I just want a little more info to make sure I understand your issue.

Where do these pages reside? In other words, in what spaces do they exist? What layout have you associated with those spaces? If you create a blank page in those spaces, do they get the proper layout?

I need more info regarding what you mean in #1. What is the macro? What is "layout code"? Also, can you add an image of this?

Regarding #2... I'm assuming you are referring to layers/columns/blocks when you write "sections". There are some distinctions between layers/columns/blocks when you work in the brikit.layout page vs. generic pages. If I understand you correctly though, I'm not sure. :) If you file a JIRA issue with us, we can better cover the details of your problem.

Kind regards,

Robbie

Stacia Parfionov June 19, 2014

Robbie,

Thanks again for your help! Per your suggestion, I've created an issue at the following link: https://brikit.atlassian.net/browse/CC-614

I've also rephrased what I'm trying to ask so I think it will make more sense (and answers your questions).

Hoping you all are able to advise!

Stacia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events