Is there a dynamic table plugin for confluence?

Jens Gombert July 25, 2011

Hi,

i am looking for a dynamic table plugin in confluence. I need a table to get some informations about childpages on a page which gets its informations dynamically. for example author, last activity and a short text from the child page. I don't have any idea how to do this. Is there a metadata plugin or somethink like that?

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

You want the reporting plug-in, probably in combination with the scaffolding plug-in. It can get metadata and the other items you listed.

• Main Page Example:

{table-plus}
{report-table}

{content-reporter:spaces=@self|types=+page|scope=@self > children}
{text-sort:content:title}
{content-reporter}

{report-column:title=Title}{report-info:page:title|link=true}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Person Last Changing}{report-info:page:modifier}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Last Changed Date}{report-info:page:modification date}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Little Bit Of Text}{report-info:data:Text}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Actions}{report-link:content:url|postfix=?\&redirect\=false}View{report-link} {link-to:page edit}Edit{link-to}{report-column}

{report-table}
{table-plus}

• On each child page, use scaffolding macro with something like this:

*Text:* {text-data:Text}{text-data}

If you wish to have all descendants of a page, instead of just first generation children, change from "children" in the content-reporter to "descendents". You could also use {excerpt} on the child pages instead of the scaffolding.

Norbert Krupa September 8, 2011

This was very helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events