Is it possible to upgrade to a Version within maintance peroid after the mantance has expired?

Nyenty_ Tabe April 3, 2024

Hi there,

a customer has a confluence version 7.10.0 (Server) Starter License, and their maintenance for confluence expired on June 16th 2021. Now they are facing an Indexing issue where while indexing the progress stops halfway through the process. As a result, their search is not working. 

My questions are multifold

1. Is it possible to upgrade to version 7.12.2 as it was released on 01 June 2021 without any issues? Also assuming that would solve the indexing problem.
  2. Could something else cause the Indexing problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, hints and Ideas.

Regards

Tabe

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi @Nyenty_ Tabe , 

You you tried re-indexing from scratch?

Yes, you should be able to upgrade to any version that was published in your license period. 
Will it be without any issues? Upgrades rarely are, so please test this on a separate instance and provide backups. 

Please also find some other index issues here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/when-rebuilding-the-content-indexing-it-is-marked-as-rebuild-failed-but-it-keeps-progressing-afterwards-1318891784.html

Please provide more detailed error messages or logs if the problem persists. 

- Tessa

Nyenty_ Tabe April 10, 2024

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers ,

an indexing from scratch solved the issue. The customer has been using the rebuild index. So after performing an Indexing from scratch, everything is working as supposed.

Thanks for the hint and your assistance.

@Barbara Szczesniak  Thanks for the information

Kind regards

Tabe

0 votes
Answer accepted
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2024

@Nyenty_ Tabe Be aware also that Confluence Server reached end of life (EOL) on February 15, 2024 and is no longer supported by Atlassian.

0 votes
Nyenty_ Tabe April 5, 2024

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers

the indexing was not initiated from scratch.

I found a version within the license period. However, I´m still reluctant to go for the update as I am not sure this would fix the indexing problem. As per your provided Link, the cause might be on various ends.

By the way can you tell me which logs might help here?

The customer provided some logs but they all date back 10.2023 last year as the last change date. Which seems a bit strange.

Regards

Tabe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events