Included page content displays online but not in the exported PDF

april showalter November 22, 2022

I have a page that uses the Include Page macro. The content displays perfectly online, but when I export the document to a PDF, the page displays "Unable to render include or excerpt-include. Could not retrieve page."

I've spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

@april showalter 

There may be a chance your issue is related to a bug, but I'd like us to see if it's a permission or location issue that is causing this problem first.

• Could you please ensure the page that's within your excerpt doesn't have any permissions which would prevent the export from seeing it (Ensure there are no parent permissions either)?
  • For the excerpt you're using, is the page you're referencing a child of the parent your exporting, or is the reference page located in another space?
april showalter April 21, 2023

Thanks Brant. I double-checked and I have all permissions for all of the said spaces.

The page I'm referencing is a reference page located in another space.

Also want to mention that at one time it did work.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

@april showalter do you have access to the space and page that is being referenced?

april showalter April 21, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Yes I do.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2023

@april showalter  Have you tried other browsers or clearing your cache?

april showalter April 27, 2023

I haven't, but I can. I'll let you know the result after I try it.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

Was this issue resolved?

april showalter May 1, 2023

@Brant Schroeder The issue is not resolved. I tried clearing my cache and using a different browser.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events