cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import multiple HTML-pages with page-hierarchy and attachments into Confluence

Usa Fuchs April 26, 2016

Hi,

Problem:

I want to import multiple HTML-pages with page-hierarchy and attachments into Confluence. This pages are exported from a notes database (with thrid-party-software Midas -> very good html exporter by the way)

I've tried:

1. Use the integrated importer with this official documentation:

• Put my folder with html-files to my server
  • Confluence -> Space Tools -> Import -> directory path to the folder
  • result: perfekt converted pages, but without hierarchy and attachements
  • Any ideas? Could i use the integrated Importer for hierarchy and attachements?

2. Universal Wiki Converter:

• Download java-source -> run UWC -> connenct zu Confluence
  • Try to use mediawiki convention (mw allows html) to convert and import my files 
  • result: crazy broken html-pages, also without hierarchy and attachements

i need a automated resolution, because we have mere then 10.000 documents to import. So, maybe someone have any other ideas? I dont think there is a plugin for this job but please correct me wink

Alternative:

Develop own addon-> Puhh, please help me!

Thanks!

Fuchsi

4 answers

0 votes
Lionel CONFORTO March 18, 2019

The best approach is to use the REST API for programmatically importing the HTML pages into Confluence. The input HTML pages must be normalized into XHTML, which can be done using a library like JSoup. Then, you must change the code in the XHTML page for example by converting the links into Confluence links. Once done, you upload the XHTML file and the attachments into a Confluence page.

I've done this for importing the content of Notes databases, and it works well.

antony terrence May 30, 2021

@Lionel CONFORTO Are you able to create multiple pages at once with REST API? I think it can create only one page at a time, yes programmatically. I like their WebDav feature but it does not work on some Windows PCs.

0 votes
Heiko Thomas July 3, 2017

I'm looking for the same. I have reports generated, which consists of a couple (~1000) of HTML pages structured in a folder, which I want to publish on Confluence. I need to refresh that regularly, so manual import is not a solution

0 votes
stanley_nyadzayo June 8, 2017

Did you guys find a solution? If you did please share. I am looking for what you discussed here and if anyone of you has found it, I would be grateful to know. Perhaps you have developed a fast effective solution. please share. 

0 votes
Michael Hönes April 28, 2016

I'm looking for something similar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events