Import exported confluence space

Tolu Faloye August 1, 2020

Greeting All

We have confluence cloud free plan. We need to import exported confluence space  but we can't see import space . Is this because of the free plan or we are missing something. If anyone has answer please let's know .

Thank you all in advance

Best regards

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2020

Hi @Tolu Faloye 

I checked on my Free instance, and the option is there. As a Confluence Admin you'll need to go to Settings (Cog Icon in top-right) > Import Spaces. It's in the Administration section near the bottom of the left-hand side menu.

Ste

Firstly Thank you for taking timeout to respond.  I do not have a settling cog in the top right hand corner,  and the options you have specified when I login. Any ideas?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2020

Hi @Tolu Faloye 

You need to be either a Site Admin or a Confluence Admin to be able to import spaces.

If you don't see the cog icon in the top-right, this means you don't have sufficient administration permissions to manage your site. You'll need to contact one of your admins (often in an IT or System Admin team) to assist with the import.

Ste

Perfect I fully understand now. Much appreciated!

0 votes
Cesar Barbosa November 3, 2020

Hi, I am trying to import my backup. The import button depresses but no explorer open to select find, the button does nothing on Chrome Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and same issue with Edge Version 86.0.622.61 (Official build) (64-bit)

Any one have any idea how to get import to work? Help appreciated, many thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events