Import HTML files into confluence

Janusz Wiercimak May 24, 2018

Hi,

it is possible to import whole bunch of html files and attachments into confluence (as a web pages)?

Regards

3 answers

2 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 13, 2019

Hi Janusz,

You can use add-on to import HTML files: All-in-one File Importer for Confluence

It supports importing HTML files as well as ODT, LaTeX and many others. It supports multiple files at once, so if you have many files, you can import at once.

We are developers behind this add-on. Please give it a try and give us feedback if you see any issues. You can install from here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221333/all-in-one-file-importer-for-confluence

Pierre Radermecker November 13, 2019

Support for the asciidoc format would be appreciated.

Like # people like this
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 13, 2019

Hi Pierre, you are right Asciidoc is currently not supported. We will have a look into this and will try to add support.

In the meantime as an workaround, you can convert Asciidoc to any other supported formats like Markdown and import using above plugin.

Like Bernd Schneider likes this
2 votes
Arjun Hazari May 24, 2018

Hello @Janusz Wiercimak,

Yes this is possible with the help of Html Macro Kindly have a look at the 2 articles https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/import-content-into-confluence-936510869.html

Html macro

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/html-macro-936511039.html

Hope this helps!!!!!!

Regards,

Arjun

Paul Spain May 12, 2019

I suggest this is only a partial solution. 

The imported page can't be edited using the Confluence WYSIWYG editor. Any further mods require direct editing of the markup (HTML). 

As of Confluence version 6.15.2, the only document format with first-class* import support is Microsoft Word.  

Given their prevalence, isn't it about time HTML and Markdown import were given first-class* support in the core product?

* Subsequent editing via WYSWYG editor

Like # people like this
Pierre Radermecker August 30, 2019

Together with asciidoc first-class support ;-)

Like # people like this
0 votes
skwasniak March 15, 2023

In my case it turned out the Confluence's Word Import was able to parse the MHTML files.

I wanted to move MS Teams Wiki to Confluence, and the exported files were in MHTML format which were successfully imported.

I had to apply some changes the the page in the end, but import saved me some time of copying and pasting.

SiDawg April 10, 2023

Hi how were you able to import MHTML files? Were you using the Import tool which is available when creating a new page? Or some other import tool available to Confluence Admin or Super Admin? I'm a Confluence Admin and couldn't see any native Import tools.

The Word Import tool seemed to be "locked" to .docx files, and the OneDrive import was the same... no option to select MHTML files?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events