Implementing multiple page trees within a single space.

SB November 27, 2018

Hello.

I'm a relatively new Confluence user attempting to wrap my head around some basic concepts with a trial version of the server package.

I'm trying to replicate the page tree organisation that CryEngine maintains for its documentation.

As you can see, the documentation seems to start off with three levels on its sidebar; clicking each takes users to a separate URL with its own page tree. Are these separate  URLS's separate spaces, or pages within the same space?

I'd like for my structure to begin with four basic levels as CryEngine's documentation does, with each level containing its own page tree such that when a user clicks on these levels, they do not see the page trees of the other levels.

The only way I can seem to replicate this on my trial version is by having the four levels exist within a single tree, and having their respective trees fit in as children. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

@SB

I do not believe you are missing anything. The "children display" gadget will give you the tree structure on the page itself for children of a parent page.
The side bar just displays whatever page(s) you create under the Main space.

• To structure four basic levels, create four pages under the Main space.
  • Create children pages under those 4 basic level pages. 
    • Dependent pages will show under the carret for each 4 basic levels on the sidebar.
  • A "children display" shows the tree structure on each page it is included on, for only the specific parent page and its children.
    • Create a "children display" on each basic level page to see the tree on each basic level.

Enjoy

Ryan

SB November 28, 2018

Thank you, @Ryan Fish!

While neither of the responses directly gave me what I was looking for, they directed me to figuring out how to get it done anyway.

What I've done is create four spaces with four homepages corresponding to the four basic levels; these four homepages I've applied to each space's sidebar via wiki-markup as hyperlinks, so that they're displayed on each space above their respective page trees.

Like Ryan Fish likes this
0 votes
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

@SB

i forgot about space tools option:
Check space tools/ configure sidebar. Select page tree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events