I want to use the JIRA issue/filter macro on a daily meeting page template, so I need...

Eric Sebian January 2, 2019

the list of issues collected to remain static for each day. Is this possible?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2019

@Eric Sebian

The filter is a view of the issues returned by the JQL,

• build a query such as "project = projectname and status in (status names here, and here) and sprint in openSprints()" or some such. 
  • subscribe to filter (issues/ manage filters/ subscribe)

Hope this helps

Ryan

Eric Sebian January 2, 2019

Hi Ryan. I think that maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough. I'm familiar with creating the jql. I guess what I'm trying to determine is if there is a way to keep that info static for that period without specifying a specific date. for example I have the following jql in a template that will be generated for daily meetings:

project = JCD AND duedate = startOfday() AND duedate = endOfday() ORDER BY cf[19500] ASC 

So today's meeting list of tickets (1/2/19) will be different from tomorrow's (1/3/19). But, because of the jql, if I look at the notes for (1/2/19) they have the list for (1/3/19). How do I freeze the data captured each day so that when I look at meeting notes from 2 weeks ago they're not reporting that day's list?

thanks.

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

@Eric Sebian

The resulting subscription email contains a "snapshot in time" list of issues.

For example, a filter pulls all un-estimated sub-tasks for 7 teams, the subscription sends out an email at 3am EST.

• The email displays all un-estimated sub-tasks as of 3am.
  • The drill through included in the email, unfortunately, displays current filter results.

Another option could be to use startofDay(). That may be more appropriate :)

Eric Sebian January 3, 2019

so I couldn't reference the actual meeting notes page in Confluence for an accurate list of JIRAs for that day, right? 

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2019

Not that I know of, it would just hit the filter if linked from confluence. The result would be current issues returned from filter instead of the snapshot you are looking for.

Possibly could run a macro or manually pull from option #1 email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events