I need to backup my confluence database (postgreSQL) in order to setup confluence completely new and

Hans-Georg Emberger August 14, 2018

I have an unstable server and need to setup Confluence again (after completely wiping the server)

How can I make sure I can backup my confluence in order to restore it after new installation

Are there step-by-step instructions?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

Hans-Georg,

You can migrate Confluence using Migrating Confluence Between Servers or by restoring a site backup (provided your instance isn't too large) following Site Backup and Restore

Please review both articles to help determine which method is best for you!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

Hello @Hans-Georg Emberger

you will need to perform a XML backup as described here, and then import it during the new server Confluence.

You might want to save following from the old server:

• conf/server.xml file if you manually changed it
  • bin/setenv.sh file if you manually changed it
  • your attachment directory

You can also use this page as a reference for migrating your instance.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

0 votes
Hans-Georg Emberger August 14, 2018

Thank you for your help!!

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

Glad we could help @Hans-Georg Emberger

Please take a moment to mark our posts as "Accepted" so that other users can find this when they run into a similar issue.

Thanks, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events