I'm trying to share a Page, but the share link and inviting users is not working for them?

Lisa Gray June 11, 2018

I have tried sending out this Share link to several members of my team, and I've also added their user profile to the Share option. Several team members said the link isn't working even though they got the share email with the link. The page is unrestricted and everyone in our team has access to the space. What else do I need to do to successfully share Pages with my team members?

https://confluence.lifechurch.tv/x/DQImAQ

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2018

Lisa,

Welcome to confluence.

Please see attached image for direction. Click on the Ellipses --> Page information -->Tiny Link

The good thing about using this ink is that it'll never change. Try sending users that link and see if it works but also check their permission again.

Thanks
Victor

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 8.17.18 PM.png

Lisa Gray June 12, 2018

thank you!

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Lisa,

Did it work for you?

Victor

Lisa Gray June 12, 2018

it turned out i had not given my team access via the Space permissions, so i got it figured out. thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2018

Sharing or inviting someone to edit a page or blog post does not automatically grant any permissions - they will still need the appropriate Confluence permissions to access Confluence and view or edit the page.

It means that you need to grant these users appropriate permissions.

Lisa Gray June 12, 2018

thank you

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2018

@Lisa Gray You are welcome! Did you find a solution to your question?

0 votes
Davide Palo May 13, 2020

Grant access to page external mail do not work 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events