I have the new editor... is it possible to have the legacy editor?

Ana_Espinoza May 7, 2020

It seems to be easier to have the legacy editor for multiple uses... I have the new editor but I want to have the Legacy editor... do you know how can I have it?

is it possible?

(I have a free account)

editors.PNG

3 answers

2 accepted

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2021

Hello all,

I'm providing an official update on this question to clarify our current process.

It's not always possible to add the Legacy editor to your Cloud site, so the support team will need to confirm this on a site-by-site basis.

If you require the Legacy template, paid admins can raise a ticket via support.atlassian.com. If you are a Cloud Free admin, you can accomplish this by creating a new question on Community with your admin account requesting the same. The Community Support team will be alerted, and then we can assist you with that process.

Thanks again, and take care!

Shannon

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hello @Ana_Espinoza ,

The legacy editor template can be enabled for your site at any time.Most sites currently have the legacy editor template enabled. If your site falls within the small percentage of sites that do not, please reach out to Support for more information about enabling the legacy template.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/Change-to-your-content-is-in-your-hands/ba-p/1324476

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65695

Ana_Espinoza May 8, 2020

Hi Ollie, 

Thank you for your answer... 

How or where is the support button? or there is a support email to write them?

or should I open an issue in this platform? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65695

Thank you again for your quick answer :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020
Like Ana_Espinoza likes this
Ana_Espinoza May 11, 2020

is not allowing me to write or to submit  a ticket... so complicated

0 votes
Ture Hoefner November 19, 2021

I just signed up for a new Cloud dev instance, it's an emergency because a Confluence bug trashed my last instance.  That's a long story and a different topic.  Let's just say that I need a new dev instance and I need it right now.

So I signed up for a new one and it defaults to not letting me create legacy pages. 

This was an emergency.  It's too late now, the damage is done.  I don't have time to get support to fix my instance.

Please stop making it so hard to create legacy pages.

Please don't default to not having legacy page creation available on new dev instances.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events