I have accidentally deleted a Space from Confluence. How should I restore it back?

Nikhil Kadam January 30, 2018

I have accidentally deleted a Space from Confluence. How should I restore it back? Is there any scheduled backup which is running to backup the Confluence Database? And If yes, please tell me the steps to perform it.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

@Nikhil Kadam, the space is lost as soon as you delete. But you could replay a backup from file if made one before.

I had a situation in the past, where even the file backup didn't help. Luckily our database admins where able to revert the DB status to any date in the past. That saved our life. Therefore you need to shut down confluence, first.

I wish you good luck.

Thomas

@Thomas Deiler Thank you Thomas.

I want to specify you that our database is Cloudbased. In this case would anything change?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

That depends on the cloud service, that you have contracted. Buy yes in theory also possible there. Also a Cloud DB is a DB like oracle, mysql ...

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/cloud 

This is where it is staged.

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

You are using Confluence Cloud?

If you want to know if your Space can be recovered you need to contact the Atlassian Support.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi Nikhil,

assuming you are on Confluence Server there is a scheduled backup job, but only if you never disabled it. 

Read about this built in Backup here: Configuring Backups

If you haven't disabled this job, you can find a full backup of last night in your confluence home stored under backups.

This is a full site backup, you'd need to import it into a staging Confluence, then export the single space, and import it into your productive Confluence.

If your confluence has many pages and spaces I recommend on backing up confluence with your own Production Backup Strategy.

Cheers Niklas

Thank you Niklas! I would surely try this..

Here I want to specify you that our database is Cloudbased. In this case would anything from the above change?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events