Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't restore Confluence (6.15.1) from BackUp file. Set up step error.

Mikhail Shitikov March 17, 2019

Hello dear Сolleagues.

I did try to restore Confluence (6.15.1) from zipped XML file.

Zip file with backup XML has been made on Confluence 6.15.0

1) I have made new VM with Debian 9 operation system, with installed Confluence like a service. So, I did start Confluence configuration via web interface.

2) I have made connection to fresh external data base PostgreSQL 9.6.11

3) I did upload a backup file from previous conflunce server (backup-2019_03_11.zip) to <confluence-home>/restore directory, Build Index has been selected, next during one minute when I did try to found file in window below by clicking into No file ...lala-lala, I saw message with error. Take a look on a picture below:

set_up_step_error.png

Then I did try restart service for my try to do it again. I had meet up with new error message in my web browser.

My system:
OS: Fresh installed Debian 9 stretch, x64 on a fresh Virtual Machine with:
CPU: Xeon, 4-core 3.1Ghz
RAM: 4096Mb
SSD: 150Gb

My previous Confluence server had working on Centos 7 in another network.

Check it out, all information is listed below:

System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
  2. a copy of the error and system information found below
  3. a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report.
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

Stack Trace:[hide]

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
	at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.webwork.ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.getTransactionManager(ConfluenceXWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:29)
	at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XWorkTransactionInterceptor.intercept(XWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.SetupIncompleteInterceptor.intercept(SetupIncompleteInterceptor.java:52)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.security.interceptors.SecurityHeadersInterceptor.intercept(SecurityHeadersInterceptor.java:39)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupCheckInterceptor.intercept(SetupCheckInterceptor.java:27)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:115)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher.serviceAction(ConfluenceServletDispatcher.java:56)
	at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(ServletDispatcher.java:199)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.DebugFilter.doFilter(DebugFilter.java:46)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:32)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:51)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:45)
	at com.atlassian.johnson.plugin.servlet.filter.JohnsonServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(JohnsonServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:50)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.util.message.MessagesDecoratorFilter.doFilter(MessagesDecoratorFilter.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:32)
	at com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.SiteMeshFilter.doFilter(SiteMeshFilter.java:65)
	at com.atlassian.confluence.util.profiling.ProfilingSiteMeshFilter.doFilter(ProfilingSiteMeshFilter.java:50)
        HALF OF THIS LOG is deleted due restriction to this message in 20,000 characters.

Referer URL

http://local_IP_Address:8090/bootstrap/selectsetupstep.action

confluence2.png

condluence.png

----

I did try to deploy Confluence on another fresh Centos 7 with external PostgreSQL 9.6.12 server.

When I did make copy backup file to restore directory, I saw the backup file in restore menu, that zip file, and I faced up with an issue:

The following error(s) occurred: Error unzipping file (This may be due to a large zip file): /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/restore/backup-2019_03_11.zip (Permission denied)

After service restart, I had meet up same issue I told above, same case like in Debian.

Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hello, 

It can be issues with permissions, base URL, database driver, etc. We've combined all the potential causes, and you can find them listed from this below article:

I would recommend taking the time to review the causes and rule them out on your new server? Let me know if you have any questions about the steps.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Hi,

as I recall 6.15.0 was not officially released. Is there a valid upgrade path?

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events