I am getting system error?

gopi August 6, 2017

Capture.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Hariharan_m Jaihindraj November 14, 2022

An answer is given in the article below for the above issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-returns-system-error-due-to-invocation-of-method-isshowsignup-in-class-com-atlassian-confluence-user-actions-loginaction-threw-exception-java-lang-nullpointerexception-at-login-vm-693899125.html

However the solution provided is for MySQL database, and not for PostgreSQL.

Much appreciate If you could please provide the steps to resolve the same issue in PostgreSQL database.

Thank you,

Hari

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Gopi,

To echo what Daniel let you know, wou can follow How to find Confluence's database connection parameters for more details on how to enter your PostgreSQL connection information. You will find the properties are listed there so you know where to enter all the details.

Let us know if you're having any trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

gopi August 7, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Rigth now the confluences is running in the windows machine. And it has right permissions to opent file.

Regards,Gopi.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hello Gopi,

You'll want to first stop the Confluence process, edit the confluence.cfg.xml file, enter your database values, and save. Then you will be able to start Confluence.

Let us know if you have trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

gopi August 7, 2017

Hi Mackie,

I enttered these database values

( <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password">confluence</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/confluence?autoReconnect=true</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">confluenceuser</property>) in the confluence.cfg.xml.

But still same error I am getting.

Regards,

Gopi.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 7, 2017

Hello Gopi,

If it's not reading your changes then they may not have been applied completely. Can you confirm you've restarted Confluence successfully after the changes? 

You will also want to review Database Setup for PostgresSQL for the complete required format.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

gopi August 7, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I restarted confluence service and the service is sucessfully started.

It display the configure database page and when I click on Direct JDBC, it show that Syatem error.

Regards,

Gopi.

gopi August 7, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I restarted confluence service and the service is sucessfully started.

It display the configure database page and when I click on Direct JDBC, it show that Syatem error.

Regards,

Gopi.

gopi August 7, 2017

Any one please help me to set-up confluences in the my system.

Regards,

Gopi.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 7, 2017

Hi Gopi,

In that case, I would recommend you do the following steps, if this is a fresh install:

1. Stop Confluence
  2. Remove your Confluence Home Directory

Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

3. Start Confluence

The setup wizard will then start again, and it will ask for your license first, then your database details that you entered earlier.

Let us know if you have any trouble!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2017

Looks like Confluence is having trouble trying to get information about where its database is stored. These values are stored in confluence.cfg.xml in Confluence's home directory. Make sure that the database values exist in that file and that the user running the Confluence process has the right permissions to open the file.

gopi August 7, 2017

Is it possible for Web EX sessions to clear this problem?

Because I also have to configure with PostgreSQL database.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events