How turn off Collaborative Editing

We recently upgraded from Confluence 5.8 to 6.6.1 and we're having the problem that nobody can edit any pages. When clicking edit mode on any page, the user is instantly shown an error saying "This page is taking longer to load than usual" and it always times out.

From the help guides, this looks like an issue with the new Collaborative Editing feature, and the suggestion is to turn this off. In the application, however, when navigating to the Admin Section for Collaborative Editing, it just shows the error "Something went wrong. Please Try Again". This appears every 3 seconds and the page never loads.

Can anyone tell me the table and setting I need to change in the database to turn this "feature" off?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I just found the answer in a different post that didn't come up in my initial searches:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-Do-I-Disable-Collaborative-Editing-in-Confluence-6-1-3/qaq-p/583768

The bottom line is that the option to disable is no longer in the 2 places documented (General Configuration or Administration > Collaborative Editing) but is now here in the Add-ons:

Gear > Add-Ons > System > Confluence Collaborative Editor Plugin

0 votes

You don't want to do this in the database, it's not as simple as you are thinking.

You should debug the "something went wrong" - what does the log say when an admin reaches that page?

Thanks for the info, we don't have time to do full debugging to get to the root of the problem, but we have multiple scrum teams across various locations and just needed to allow them to use the Wiki again so getting them working was the key

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,102 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you