How to use flag emojis (flag_au, flag_ca) in content updated via REST API?

vineet kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2024

I used <ac:emoticon ac:name="flag_au" />   <ac:emoticon ac:name="flag_ca" /> to display AU and CA flag via api but getting error "The type flag_au is not a known emoticon" on display

flag.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2024

Hi @vineet kumar 

The ac:emoticon macro is not the best choice for adding flag emojis when updating content via the Confluence REST API. Here's why and what you can do instead:

The ac:emoticon macro is designed for the Confluence editor interface, not the REST API, ad may not be recognized when processing content through the API.

• As a replacement, you can use Unicode characters to add flag emojis directly to your content payload sent via the REST API. For Instance, Australia: 🇦🇺, Canada: 🇨🇦.
  •  Other options would be, Confluence supports a range of Atlassian emojis, which may not be identical to standard Unicode flags but offer a suitable replacement. You can find a reference list in the Atlassian documentation.

By using these alternative methods, you can successfully add flag emojis to your content when updating via the Confluence REST API

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-symbols-emojis-and-special-characters/

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events