How to resolve Export to PDF never completes

Steve Parrilla April 19, 2018

I've noticed since the latest release that I cannot export my meeting notes to PDF. Export to Word still works. The issue is that it's exporting as binary and indicates it's 'preparing to download'.

How do I resolve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Hi Steve

Before we proceed let me Welcome you to Atlassian Community, We hope that you have a present stay here and is able to help/get help in our community. 

• The image above is missing, can you reattach the image so that we can check on what can be the issue? 
  • You also mention that you have recently upgraded Confluence, can you make sure that that all your plugin is updated to the latest version? This might cause issue to variety of things. 
  • What are you able to find in the logs regarding export or pdf?
    • <Confluence-home>/logs  
Steve Parrilla May 2, 2018
  • Here's the image:

Confluence-PDF_Export.png

• I meant the latest Confluence update. Isn't the upgrade automatically pushed?
  • Where would I find the logs on my computer?
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

There might be 2 possibilities that might cause this.

• Plugins
  • Server environment

I meant the latest Confluence update. Isn't the upgrade automatically pushed?

• Plugins need to be updated personally by the Confluence admins

Where would I find the logs on my computer?

• Is Confluence install on your computer? You will need to get it from the place Confluence is installed in.

I have tried replicating the issue on my test instance and I am not able to replicate the issue. Let's try to see by updating the plugin is able to resolve your issue. 

If updating Confluence does not resolve your issue. Can you try going into safe mode to see if this helps? 

The steps above is to just to ensure that plugins are not the problem with the export to pdf as some of the plugins are overwriting Confluence PDF export.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events