How to number a list from high to low?

Deleted user February 12, 2015

I would like blog post (and other content), where I want to number lists from high to low. So here is an example:

The 7 sins of meeting management:
7. No moderation
6. Starting late and complaining about that.
5. ...

I can of course do that manually, but entering then another bullet is a nightmare. Is there a solution available, like a user macro, a plugin that contains that macro, or some other magic?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

A user macro like this should work. Just wrap it around your ordered list. It will show in ascending order in the editor, but in descending when the page is viewed.

## @noparams
##############################
## Create a unique id value ##
##############################
#set( $id=$action.dateFormatter.calendar.timeInMillis )
<div id="container$id">
$body
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('#container$id ol').each(function(){
        AJS.$(this).attr('reversed','reversed');
    });
});
</script>
Deleted user February 18, 2015

After having used that user macro, I like that solution a lot. It is just the functionality I need, the only thing is that I have to remember, that bullets in the edit mode are in the order from least to best. Thank'S a lot, that is pretty nice!!

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2015

Hello Markus, there ins't a current option to check that, this might fit into this ticket requesting other items for the same macro. Other than that you should be able to do more with some HTML within the Confluence page - for that there is the HTML macro

Deleted user February 13, 2015

Thank's a lot, the JIRA ticket is the right thing to do here. Even if that will need some months / years. I don't want to use native HTML here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events