How to know the page deleted by whom

Lambo_Xing January 3, 2023

Hi there,

We met a problem which like below:

1. A kind of root page who has a lot of sub-pages was deleted, and its sub-pages are all gone. We tried to find who deleted them but failed, both on the portal of confluence and with the command line on server.

2. We can find all of the deleted pages in trash, but only can restore them one by one, and without the previous tree org. It's really a hard work.

I need your help for above things:

1. How can I find out who deleted the pages? Is there a entrance on the confluence portal?

2. On the server, our developer used command line to find who deleted the pages but failed, it is a strange thing that when I deleted another page, he could find it with command line, it sees only that pages' information are missed

3. Is there a way to batch restore the pages? If restore to the previous tree org will be the best.

Thanks a lot!

Lambo

1 answer

0 votes
Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2023

Hello @Lambo_Xing ,

1) The deletion of a page is an Event, so it is tracked in EVent listeners and should be in:

• Logs files ({HOME/data/logs/...})
  • Events DB tables

2) You can use above-specified entries

3) You can use Java API (https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/javadoc/8.0.2/) to track or retrieve deleted data using PageManager, UserManager, EventsListener, EventPublisher etc.

To restore pages, you can use:

def IDS = [111,222,333]
IDS.each {id -> {
pageManager.restorePage(pageManager.getPage(id));
}}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events