How to jump to sections of space

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

While the new Confluence 5 UI is very nice I find the navigation rather lacking in the right hand navigation bar. Is there some way to enable jumping to different sections of a Space? We have Space with sub sections and once you navigate into one sub section you can only see the children of that section in the navigation tree.

Yes I know I can add things to the Sidebar via Configure sidebar but that it's a bit silly to just jump to another area in the same space. I should be able to navigate the entire space tree in this new layout.

So is there someway to enable that? Code to adjust? Something?

Thanks,

J

3 answers

1 vote
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi J,

If there's specific spaces you want this on, would you be interested in using the Documentation theme for those spaces?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Have you considered using the page tree macro? We use that for our primary mode of navigation. More info is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Page+Tree+Macro

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

I actually do use that in several places but the disadvantage to that is the page in which it lives will go away once you click on a page to visit unless you add that to every page. Just seems like that built in one should either show the full Space or allow people to configure it to show more or less of a Space.

This could just be a matter of us needing to use the site a little differently. I'm just surprised it was implemented in this way, frankly it makes that default theme sidebar not very useful in comparison to the Documents theme's sidebar, at least from a navigation standpoint.

Thanks,

J

0 votes
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Sorry I should have specified that I knew of that. The Space is used for various types of things so I'd rather not use that Theme. The new layout works great for the most part, it's just that little thing that, so far, bugs everyone.

Is there anywhere in the Layout section of Admin that I can adjust it to show the entire space in that tree? A collapsible list there would be ideal or at least the ability to enable that if you want to.

Thanks,

J

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events