How to import data from an excel attachment into a chart macro (Confluence 4.1)

Jagbir Singh February 13, 2012

I have an axcel sheet which I have displayed using the Office Excel Plugin.

But I would also like to display a few charts on the same confluence page. For this purpose I would like to use the Chart Plugin as the charts from the excel sheet do not show up very well.

But I would like to use the data which I have in my exsiting attachment.

Is there a way to using the data from my excel attachment in my Chart Plugin?

Thanks

Sunny

3 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

If I am not wrong, we used to export the data into CSV from the excel and directly use the chart macro with data as csv.

could you please mention the steps or some link which explains how to do that?

Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

The chart plugin just needs a table (in the right format for the chart type) in the macro body to work. Both the excel and csv macro produce this. The outline of what you can do is:

{chart:...}
{excel:...}
{chart}

or 

{chart:...}
{csv:...
{csv}
{chart}

Thanks for the reply Bob. Sorry i am a little confused. When i try to in the use the chart plugin i have to fill in a whole bunch of fields in plugin edit section. so where exactly do i mention what you wrote above. i would be grateful if you could explain using an example.
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

In the macro body - use insert wiki markup from the insert pulldown

0 votes
Cole Parsons
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2018

From googling around myself I have found this solution: 

You'https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TBL/pages/67830715/Converting+CSV+Data+into+Tables

you'll wanna export a .csv file from your excel document and paste it into a macro like shown in the link and that should work.

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

What version of Confluence are you using, Jagbir?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events