How to get table out of full width?

duncan.baillie April 1, 2020

Hi. I foolishly converted a page to the new editor and all the tables render as full width. According to the documentation I'm supposed to be able to see three dots to the right of the table which allow me to change this, but they are not there.

Anyone seen/solved this behaviour?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
duncan.baillie April 3, 2020

@Shannon S I think I figured it out. The PAGE was in full width mode and the table widget does not appear in this case. There is a width selector widget at the top of the page, not near the table so not obvious. With the page out of full width mode, the table width selectors appear next to the table. Regards. Duncan.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for letting me know the results of your testing. It seems that when you select  full-width for the page, it tells Confluence that you want all content on the page to be full-width, even though that's not what everyone wants. This prevents you from having the option to change individual elements. 

My colleague has created a feature request here to prevent that behavior in the future:

It's currently created as a feature request, but in the event that it's determined to be a bug, the status will change there. Please watch the case for future updates.

In the meantime, you'll need to use a page width other than full-width if you want to change the size of your table.

Let me know if I can help you with anything further!

Regards,

Shannon

Like duncan.baillie likes this
1 vote
e_rodriguez October 31, 2022

Layouts can be useful in these cases. A table can be placed in a layout section

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2020

Hello Duncan,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

When you converted the page to the new editor, you used this procedure, is that right?

Once you convert, it shows you how the page will look, and you don't have to keep the new look until you click publish. Did you already click publish when converting?

If so, it's not possible to rollback the page to the legacy editor, but you can use the Legacy Editor template and copy and paste your content from the new editor into that.

As far as changing your table width, in the new editor there is a button on the right side that you can click to do that:

CleanShot 2020-04-02 at 15.46.02.png

Can you tell me, is that the option you were looking for? If not, can you show me the documentation you're referring to that mentions the three dots? (. . .)

Thank you!

Shannon

duncan.baillie April 3, 2020

Hi Shannon, thanks for the reply. Yes, I used the published procedure so I can't roll back. What is missing is the width selector to the right of the table (not sure where I got the three dots reference from but whatever it looks like, nothing appears).

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events