How to fetch a column value of one cell into another cell

Ramu June 22, 2024

Dear All,

In a Confluence page, i have 2 TABs (Tabs page)

In the first TAB, i have a manually created Table where there is Column say 'Total' .. so for all the resources this value will be entered manually like 20, 15, 4 etc ..

Total.jpg

Now, i have a Table Transformer in another TAB where i want this 'Total' column's value to auto populate from the first TAB .. like for each resource (Name) in this TAB, i have a separate Table and inside each Table i need to do a calculation using this 'Total' value ..

second Tab.jpg

In short, i need the Manually entered  'Total' value of a user in the first TAB .. to auto populate in the above Table (second TAB) of the same user in the cell 'Total value of User...'

ex:

'Total' 20  of 'User 1' of first TAB should automatically populate/display in the

'Total value of User 1' cell in the second TAB.

In program/coding, we use functions to call/refer a cell value ...or in an Excel we use ={cell name/number}  to be referred .. but in this scenario in Table Transformer SQL im not sure how to do the same ..

Please help ..

1 answer

2 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2024

Hi @Ramu ,

You may check this Community thread where we show how to "grab" cell contents using the column name and the row number with the help of the Table Transformer macro.

You may also take the Table Spreadsheet macro (for manually created tables) and Spreadsheet from Table (for macro generated tables, for example, Jira Issues macro) and refer to the cells from other spreadsheet tabs in Excel-like style.

Ramu June 26, 2024

Hey .. Thank you but Table Spreadsheet is not helping in my scenario .. and grabbing cell content is also still challenging ..

Anyway, the update is that i'm i touch with the Tech support on the same and going to find a solution soon (hopefully)

Like Stiltsoft support likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events