How to document business rule on Confluence?

Karan Mathur May 29, 2019

Hi guys,

I'm looking for ways to document business rules on Confluence. Is there any template available that I can follow?

At the moment we are documenting Business rules on Jira. We are doing so by creating a sprint titled `Business rules`. Business rules are added to this sprint using a custom issue type. These issues can be associated with the following statuses

1. Proposed - Rule is yet to be implemented
  2. Live - Rule is implemented and live on the platform
  3. Removed - The rule was either rejected or removed

All potential rules are proposed in the form of decisions. These rules are then documented on a confluence sheet.  

I would like to know if there is any better way to document this.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2019

Hi @Karan Mathur ,

I not clear understand 'business rules'. Could You please write what is it mean?

Maybe You need templates? https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/blueprints-and-user-created-templates-724764985.html

B.R.

Karan Mathur May 31, 2019

@Andrew Sorry, I should have been a little more clear.

Business rules are basically rules that should be followed on a platform/organization. They describe the operations, definitions, and constraints that apply to an platform/organization.

An example for a business rule would be "You do not want to recommend products with inventory fewer than 10 units."

Deleted user January 27, 2020

Hi @Karan Mathur have you discovered a way to link the business rules into Confluence?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events