How to disable page preview on permission request?

I've created a page with restricted access.

When someone requests permissions to this page, I revieve an email with a preview of this page.

The page has restricted access for a reason — it contains sensitive data. It's highliy undesirable to leak that data into email account.

I consider this a security issue.

2 answers

0 vote

That's not a security issue, you have the right to see the page already.

My confluence account, not the gmail one. If I trust Atlassian, that does not mean I trust Google.

If you don't trust google for your email, that's fine. You'll need to use an email address you do trust instead. It's not Confluence's fault that you have chosen an email you don't trust.

Sorry, I should also have said that if you must do this because you've got insecure email accounts, you will need to hack the core code that builds the email.

No, that is not fine, because the data is already shared with third party. Without my explicit permission, as far as I can see. The trust issue is not the only one, it's also about expectations. I may intentionally use that mailbox for insensitive data only so I could read it in public places.

Ok, so it's not fine. So stop using insecure email accounts - if you believed them to be insecure, then you shouldn't have used them in the first place.

Hi Roman, first of all thanks for the feedback mate. smile 
Would you mind creating a feature request ticket so we can have others voting on and discussing this issue? https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

380 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you