How to call webserice from confluence via link or button

Sonu August 27, 2019

Hello Experts,

We have an executable application at our server(.net based), which parses the confluence page (located at other server) content and put those into our database.

But problem is that, its runs at pre scheduled manner. what we want that there should be some link or button on confluence page and on click of that the webservice should run and execute that exe.

As I am quite new for confluence, so not able to find any good solution.

Could you please tell me what would be the best and simple way to accomplish my task.

Note - the web service is simple SOAP based (.asmx) just GET call.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Best way is to write a custom confluence plugin.

Required part for plugin

Once you add this button, you have two options

1. Call your SOAP endpoint directly from Javascript which is triggered by button/menu item you added above.
  2. Create a rest endpoint in your confluence, (this is better, because it will not expose your soap endpoint to front-end code base)
    1. Once you create this endpoint you can call this end point on on button/menu click, and
    2. later call SOAP endpoint from confluence back end.
Sonu August 27, 2019

DPK, Could you please share how to create above custom plugin, please note that we have just read and write access on confluence spaces.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

@Sonuto write custom plugin you will need hands on experiance with,

You need to find some developer to do this for you. And to install plugin like any other plugin in confluence you will need Admin privileges.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events