Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bulk reassign pages/space creator from one person who's gone to me?

Anthony Pena April 12, 2023

Hello

We have many Pages and Space created by someone in my department that is no longer with us, now, all those still showing this person's name when he's no longer with us and he left in a very bad way. So, the Executive asked me to reassign all those pages/spaces to myself in order to remove him from there. Is this possible? If yes, how please?

Thanks, 

Anthony

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Anthony Pena and welcome!

Currently this is not possible, see this Suggestion, which you can vote on and watch.

There does not seem to be a firm date on the ability to change owners of Confluence pages. It's currently under development, I am told, and they are hoping that we'll see it on the roadmap at the next update.

HTH,
KGM

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Confluence does not have the concept of a page "owner" - pages belong to the space owners.

The author is not the owner.

The author of a page is the person who created it, and that should never be changed.  You rarely want to destroy the information of who created a document, and it's illegal in a lot of cases too.  The "owner" is a different concept.

You should tell your Executives that the author of a page is an audit item, the ownership is a function of space ownership (for now)

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Mind you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- that with Confluence Automation, there are use cases where one wants the author of the page to be a current employee of the company. For example, we are looking for a way to keep the pages up to date and will use Automation to notify the page author if a page hasn't changed in 4 months (as long as the page does not have the label 'evergreen' on it). This process will not work very well if some of the authors have left the company. So in this use case, we want to swap out inactive authors for active users.

Just sharing our use case :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events