How to add a page tree in the sidebar in the new cloud design

Mike Ligthart August 17, 2017

Since the design update this morning the page trees in the sidebars of all my spaces are gone.

All the previous existing options to confige the sidebar e.g. "Space tools > Configure sidebar" seem the have dissapeared as well.

This "clean" new design is making navigating the spaces not very user friendly.

Is there a way to re(add) a page tree, or something similar, in the sidebar for easy navigation?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

Hi Mike,

the space tree appears, when you open a page in a space. You can find detailed information about the new Confluence interface here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/new-navigation-and-a-new-look-for-confluence-881536766.html 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi Mike!

To follow-up on Thomas' answer, you might also find that if you haven't set a space homepage you may not see the page tree. So if still cannot see the page tree after opening a page on the space, please make sure that you've set a Space Homepage.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Olivia Hydari January 31, 2018

Hi Shannon, I did set a space and did all the steps. Is there any way to customize the sidebar and revert it back to the older way? its just too many clicks to get to the page tree. I am a UX designer and I feel this is inhibiting some of the initial ease of usability. 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Martin Sauter August 18, 2017

The behaviour of the page tree is one of the big changes the new UI brings for existing Confluence users.

For a short answer: The sidebar is not completely gone, but it is not instantly visible when you open a space.

For a longer answer see this thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/What-just-happened-to-Confluence-Cloud/td-p/622890#M301

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events