How to add JIRA filter to metadata list?

Paul Smith January 28, 2016

We're tracking our design documents in Confluence and tracking the implementation in JIRA.  For documents we are adding to each design a metadata list macro to track the status of the design (draft, proposed, etc.) then on a summary page we gather all the designs and show their status.

That works fine, but during implementation we have a JIRA story or epic that is used to track the implementation of the design, and in the design page we can add a JIRA filter to show the status of the implementation via the status of the JIRA issue.

However I really want to make the implementation status visible on the summary page as well, so I really want to add the JIRA filter into the metadata list so that it is rolled up on the summary page.

But, I can't figure out how to do that: there doesn't seem to be any option that allows me to add this into the metadata list: I've tried to drag it there, etc.  I can create a simple URL link but that doesn't show any status so it's not helpful.

Is there some way to make this work?  Is there a text markup way to insert one of the JIRA issue filter things so I can type it in by hand in the metadata list macro?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Smith January 29, 2016

We found it.  You have to use the metadata markup to insert the JIRA issue filter; unfortunately finding this markup is not easy to do.  However, fortunately once you figure it out it turns out to be trivial: just add {jira:<issuid>} to the metadata list field and Bob's your uncle!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events