How du I change format of a numbered list?

Byggare BobbTest
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

Default is:

1. some text...

a. some text...

i. some text...

ii. some text...

How do I change the list to:

1. some text...

1.1. some text...

1.1.1. some text...

1.1.2. some text...

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2023

Hello @Byggare BobbTest, and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, Numbered headings cannot be fully customized within Confluence. Here are is an article detailing some of this information. 

If you would like deeper customization, the most approachable solution (besides manually adding them) is via third-party apps.

Here is a link to the Marketplace.

All the best
Rodrigo

Frik du Toit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2023

Hello, just a related question from my side (I'm not a Confluence expert, so please forgive my ignorance).

I'm also looking for a nested list number format as described by the Original Poster e.g

1 ...
1.1 ...
1.1.1 ...

I've searched the Marketplace, but it seems that all available apps (as well as the linked article above) apply to headings, while the lists I'm working with are at the normal text level (and converting the list items even to level 5 or 6 headings is not an option).

Or am I simply misunderstanding the whole concept?

Thanks

Like Rodrigo likes this
0 votes
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2024

@Byggare BobbTest I know paying for an app is not ideal, but you can do things Atlassian is unlikely to ever add.

We make Number Heading by Easy Apps. Our app updates the numbering whenever you republish a page, that might seem obvious but it's not the case with all apps.

Test 2-3 apps on the options on the Atlassian Marketplace and look at your budget I bet you find something worthwhile quality-price wise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events