How does Confluence not have any type of Dropdown functionality???

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2018

I want to design a very basic contact management page.  I'd like some pages with a label of "company" and then I'd like a page with a label of "contact".  On the contact page, I'd love to create a properties table with a dropdown for "company" that lists all "company" pages and then links to them.  This seems so basic to me, am I just wrong?

3 answers

2 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2022

Hey @Scott Beeson

as mentioned in my reply to Nic, I also wanted to achieve things like that for a loooong time.

That's why I think you should have a look at Orderly Databases for Confluence, which my company (K15t) has developed and should exactly do what you want.

You can also have a look at the release announcement here on the community: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Announcing-Orderly-Replace-Confluence-Page-Properties-with/ba-p/1915196

Cheers,
-Stefan

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2022

This looks interesting. I will be signing up for a trial.

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Scott Beeson ,

I believe you can get what you need in your Confluence instance combining the native Page properties and Page Properties reports. The combination of these macros is perfect to create an overview of the information distributed across many pages. Once you have an overview page, you can filter it by the company name. We have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app that could help you here.

Another option is creating dropdowns with company names using Handy Macros for Confluence. These dropdowns can be connected with page labels, so once you click the label you get the list of pages with the same label (=company name).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2018

It's because the focus for Confluence is unstructured pages, not structured data that's probably better held in other systems.

But I'd like to see better table content like this too.

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- True. OTOH I have seen people (including myself) who wanted to store structured information along with their unstructured pages.

That's why we've created Orderly Databases for Confluence.

I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events