How do you embed the content by label macro in a template?

Andrew Clifford Hayes August 5, 2019

Trying to create a "Q&A" template that will use the content by label macro in the bottom to link to related articles. But I can't figure out how to get the macro to auto-populate based on what links are added to the article in the setup wizard when a user selects the template. 

I feel like it has to be a combination of using the macro and the variable feature in the template editor, but I haven't been able to figure it out. The troubleshooting and how-to article blueprints use a variable $contentbylabelmacro and I tried adding that in, but it didn't work either. I know I can just put the macro in with the generic Q&A label to populate other articles of that type, but I also want it to have links to articles labeled with specific product names based on shared label identifiers. 

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

It's not possible to use macros in templates by applying variables. There is a feature request for this currently:

• CONFSERVER-3324 Support replacement of page template variables in wiki links and macro parameters (Server)
  • CONFCLOUD-3324 Cloud version of the same request above

Please vote on the request and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on it.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Tschacher _US - IFS_ November 19, 2020

This post is over a year old, is it still a current request?  I am trying to add a label to my Template so every new space created from it has the label.  Am I understanding the feature correctly?

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2020

Please also consider casting a vote for related request: CONFCLOUD-38181 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events