How do I pick white text color with the new templates?

Janne Aho October 4, 2019

As some of you may have already noticed, there have been changes to the templates, see confluence editing improvements , and now you can't select white as the text color anymore. It hadn't been a big deal if the PDF generator hadn't been so lousy and made text columns in tables to be so small if another column has images.

The only way to fix that has been to use a line like:

--x--------------------------------

in a one of the columns to keep a width for it so that you don't just have one two words per line. You really don't want to see that line, you make it white and suddenly you have a table that looks nice both as HTML and in PDF format.

Please give us back the white color or FIX the PDF generator so it can handle tables a lot better.

2 answers

0 votes
mattlusty123 April 22, 2020

I'm new here. But within 10 seconds I find I can't make text on a dark background white. i mean there is also a few more colors I could think of in between - but white? Really? I'm out. This does not seem like a creative platform. Shame it, looked shiny, but didn't make it off the ground!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hello Janne,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!

The new editor has few options for color text and currently, it’s not possible to add more colors or customize the existing ones. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events