How do I merge or move a page to new parent page inside a Table Of Contents?

NL ADAMS April 6, 2021

Page A - has a Parent Page with Table Of Content (visible only)

TOC_A1.JPG

Page B - Is a Page with a Table Of Content (visible and 1,2,3)

TOC_B.JPG

I need to MOVE / MERGE 

Page B Table of Contents to

Page A Table of Contents

Page B should be a link on Page A TOC with sub menu links nestled in... TOC

And I should be able to see the additional content  (#1, #2, #3, etc.) from Page B in the new space /Page A.

[Ironically on PAGE A   , I do not see the links: STRIMM or ORACLE GOLDEN GATE. Only the TOC - How do I fix this?]

I looked at EXCERPT MACRO - however I don't think this is answer since I need to delete the URL that host Page B.. 

What are the steps to do this? Should I copy/paste? Can you MERGE a TOC?

HELP!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

The table-of-content is supposed to give the reader a view of what is on the page and enable them to jump to a heading they're most interested in.  It's not supposed to be editable, it's supposed to be generated from the content.

To gt the contents of page B in page A's table of content, you'll need to move the content of B into page A.

NL ADAMS April 6, 2021

I have 2 teams posting content in different spaces.

I now have admin rights for both spaces.

Team A publish their page with TOC only. Click each link and you see the details of it's associated page.

Team B published their page with content and has a TOC. When you view the page you see the content and TOC.

I need to take Team B page and turn it into a TOC link on Team A page within its TOC if possible. 

I am not sure if an EXCERPT MACRO works in this regard... Or if I MOVE Team B Page to Team A Page.

Do you know where I can find the answer or tips to figure this out? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Yes, this will happen if you include (or include an excerpt of) Page B inside page A.  The toc in page A will see the headers in the content you include and render them as part of page A.

NL ADAMS April 8, 2021

What I decided to do was to MOVE the entire contents of PAGE B (space) to PAGE A (space)...  [by default, this caused PAGE B to delete from the space it was created] and they are both nestled like bullet points:

Hierarchy Primary Space

- Architecture & POC's

-Subject A

-Subject B

- Meeting Agendas

- Project, Team and Requirements

-Subject C

-Subject D

I can work with this... and my next step is to get the table of contents to work from this to reorg Subject C and D to go (merge) with Subject A and B.  [Hopefully this helps someone else]. Any suggestions helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events