Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make Knowledge base articles on my Service Desk available to Anonymous users

Monika Sharma June 17, 2020

I was trying to check knowledge base without signing on my service desk portal. 

When I tried to give permission to view knowledge base for anonymous users, it gave me this error:

2020-06-17_19-45-35.png

Can you suggest the next steps, please?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

Monika,

Free plans have limitations and it looks like you found one.  In order to change the permissions on your space you will need to upgrade your plan as the error states.

Monika Sharma June 18, 2020

Thank you for your response, Brant!

Can you tell me which plan I need to upgrade in order to make the articles available to anonymous users?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

Any paid plan gives you this functionality.  So you can get the standard plan at $10 a month and should be good to go.

Like Monika Sharma likes this
Monika Sharma June 18, 2020

On this article https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing

I found that the standard plan has anonymous user access:Confluence.png Can you confirm what will be the price? (We are 3 users who have access to confluence)

And will the Anonymous users be also counted in the paid license?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2020

Anonymous gives anyone access to the page or space and is not included in the license count.

0 votes
Shyam October 8, 2020

Related question : Can users self serve themselves if the jira service desk is on the server version and confluence is on the cloud version?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events