It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I increase the height of the Top Menu Bar?

Hi

Where do I increase the height of the Top Menu Bar in Confluence. I need it about 50% larger. I looked at header.vm but could not discern where the change would be made. If this is a stylesheet change, what would the code look like?

4 answers

You can set the height of the menu bar in a custom CSS file by using the #menu selector:

#menu {

height:120px;

}

I added that to the Global Styleshee and it had no effect. Then I added it to the custom html with the same result. Something I am doing wrong?

Try appending !important to the end of the line, like this:

height:120px !important;

Tried that too without change.

However, by using firebug, I found the name of the selector class and then changed it as below. This works - kind of.

This added andother 60px but below the top menu. So now, while I have the extra space, it is not centred but added to the bottom. See images attached. I was expecting the logo and search to be centred.

1. .aui-dropdown2-trigger-group {
  2. height:60px;
  3. }
0 votes
Sean Curtis Atlassian Team Aug 05, 2013

Add this:

.aui-header {
    padding: 15px 0;
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

How To: get the most out of the new Confluence navigation and Home

Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...

287 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you