Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create multi-page and sub-page templates in Confluence Server?

kobull June 12, 2017

I am looking at building a plugin that contains 40 different page templates for a process I help manage. There is a table of contents, a process checklist, and a series of documents that are to be linked to from the checklist via a clickable reference. There are multiple layers of nesting for different collections of documents based on some of the 40 templates. I also want to be able to integrate with the "Create Page from Blueprint Macro" and have the page created in the appropriate nested area.

Can this be done with Confluence Server? If so, what training courses or resources do I need to review to be brought up to speed?

The tutorial here is far too simple for the complex, inter-dependent, multi-nesting-layer template I want to have my plugin build.

Edit 1:

It looks like the team at eps.sh has at least a version of what I am going for here

2 answers

1 vote
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

I would think you would just use a standard Blueprint Plugin Module and listen for it to be created so that you can create the additional pages in response via an Event Listener.

kobull June 13, 2017

This sounds right. Do you know of an example repository or documentation that shows how to do this? 

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017
0 votes
Pascal Beaudry December 17, 2017

Hi Kent, if you don't want to create your own blueprint, you could use a template manager tools.

If you also have a Jira instance, you could use one of the 2 following product to create a Page Tree Template in Confluence:

• Gaia for Jira (if you want to create a Space with the Page Tree)
  • Gaia Activity + Page Template (if you want to create the page tree in an existing space)

Using those tools, you could export a Space or a Page Tree Template.

You could add macro and parameter that will be use during the instanciation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events