How do I configure the content of recommended updates notification in Confluence?

Hoàng Anh Nguyễn October 3, 2018

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a question: how can I configure the recommended updates notification in confluence for a particular page ? For example I have a page, then I would like for the recommended notification is sent for the right person ? Since there is comment for me as some persons receive notification about my page but they even did not have permission to go this page ?

Thanks and best regards,

Please reply me soon if you can.

2 answers

0 votes
Hoàng Anh Nguyễn October 4, 2018

Please close this question since it similar to other post.

0 votes
Hoàng Anh Nguyễn October 4, 2018

Please can you explain more for me the situation which I face and I have mentioned it above ?

1. However, I usually receive comments of users about the content of the recommended emails they receive, it does not related to anything they have searched about or they even do not have permission to view it. 

=> So what exactly is the metrics determines the content of recommended notification email user receive ?

2. As the I have mentioned before:

" Recommended Updates entries show the top content that is relevant to you from spaces that you have permission to view. Confluence chooses the content to display, based on:

• Pages and blog posts that people have recently liked.
  • Pages and blog posts that people have recently commented on.
  • Pages and blog posts that have recently been created. "

=> Could you explain for me what determine exactly people here ? Is that true people is the user receive the notification => for example I will receive recommended notification about the page that I have recently liked ?

The case is similar to the case recently commented on and recently been created ?

3. Is there any other way for me to set up the content of recommended updates email in Confluence ?

Is that true that in Confluence I only can set up the frequency (Weekly or Daily) or to receive or not ? Can I configure the recommended updates that I want to receive?

4. So for example for the page X, I only can manage by searching for user who usually watch the page ? Can I configure the recommended updates for the page X ?

Please reply me soon if you can.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events