Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add more background colors for confluence tables pallette

Daniel Park June 26, 2017

When colouring the tables in confluence i feel a bit limited by the 6 available colours on the tables, I want to know if its possible to add aditional colours to the pallette through the adminstration functions. Also is it possible to alter the existing colours. 

6 colours.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hello Daniel!

Thank you for your feedback. We actually have a feature request for this logged in our system:

- CONFSERVER-27618

Please feel free to vote and watch that case in order to be updated if there are any updates to it. You can leave a comment on that ticket if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

parthasarathi.juloori February 5, 2020

Is it available now? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hi @parthasarathi.juloori,

Can you confirm if you're able to view the status via the feature request ticket I shared earlier? According to that, the request is under future consideration at this time.

Once the feature is available, there will be an update there. If you want to be alerted about this via email, you can click Start watching this issue.

Let me know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon 

Oliver Mettauer March 3, 2020

Hi @Shannon S 

How many votes are necessary for considering this implementation?

Regards

Oliver

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2020

Hi Oliver,

Firstly, I wanted to say that this particular feature has already been chosen to be implemented in our upcoming roadmap. I'm not sure if you saw that, so have a look here:

See Makisa's comment on 19 February 2020:

...We're actively looking at addressing this suggestion. At this stage, we will be expanding the existing colour palette, not necessarily changing the functionality of the colour picker. We're aiming for our new palette to adhere to Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) and to minimise the impact of the change to existing page content.

As for your question, unfortunately, there's not only a certain number of votes that are required for a feature request to be implemented. It's an amalgamation of the factors listed on our Implementation of New Features Policy:

• Customer feedback - there are many ways we listen for your feedback: 
    • formal customer interviews and other research activities
    • events like Atlassian Summit, developer conferences, and road shows
    • in-product feedback from evaluation and EAP (early access program) releases
    • comments and votes on issues in https://jira.atlassian.com/, our public issue tracker
    • questions and posts on Atlassian Community.
  • Support team insights - our support team know which issues are the most challenging, and most common for customers.
  • Solution partner insights - our solution partners help us better understand real-world customer deployments, especially for customers at scale.
  • Product analytics - analytics are used from Cloud customers and opted-in Server customers, which helps us understand how existing features are being used.
  • Product strategy - our long-term strategic vision for the product.

I hope that helps clarify things for you, but do let me know if you have any further questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2020

Oliver,

One more thing, but the request for Cloud is here, but it has been marked as resolved now, as the additional colors have already been implemented:

CleanShot 2020-03-03 at 17.53.42.png

I just wanted to make sure you saw that in case you were referring to the Cloud version of Confluence! 

Shannon

YJ Huang May 11, 2020

Hi @Shannon S ,

How about the server version?

Will it be implemented?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2020

Hello @YJ Huang,

Hope you are doing well, and thank you for following-up on this thread!

My response to Oliver on the 3rd of March included the details regarding the feature in Confluence Server version. In April, the status changed to Waiting for release and as of our 7.5 beta release on the 6th of May, the feature is now available!

You can see this in our Confluence 7.5 beta release notes:

Bring some colour to your tables

You can now choose from 49 different table cell colours, including pure black and all the colours of the rainbow. The old colours are still available, so your existing tables will look just fine. 

Forgive us for making you wait so long for this highly requested change, and we hope you enjoy making table art as much as we have.  

Give it a try, and let us know what you think.

Shannon

Like YJ Huang likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events