How do I Delete and or Edit Messages and Files

Cindy Weintraub December 13, 2017

I want to delete powerpoint files I uploaded.  They live in a file.  I'd like to either delete the entire file OR delete each of the three ppt. files.  After I clicked on the (3) Attachments in the ... area (top right of screen), he only things I see to do on the right side of each of these files in VIEW, PROPERTIES, and EDIT FILE.

I tried each link and the "EDIT FILE" tells me to download an Atlassian app.  It won't load at the moment but is this the only way to DELETE?!!! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Hi Cindy,

You need to have the 'Delete Attachment' space permissions. You can then access 'Attachments' (paperclip at top of page) to open the list of page attachments. If you have permissions you will see an option to delete. 

You can read about deleting an attached file here.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Cindy Weintraub December 13, 2017

thanks, Danny.  Yes, it's all about having the right permission and I found that I do not!  Need to get the Admin to change my status!  Cindy

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Glad to help Cindy. If you wouldn't mind clicking the checkmark icon on the left to accept the answer so we can close this issue.

Have a great day,
Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events